- Chop/mince the garlic, ginger, red chilies, green chilies, red onion, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, and spring onion (whites & greens separated). Place in individual small bowls and set aside. (Deseed chilies if desired or omit entirely if you prefer less heat.)
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the corn starch, garlic paste, ginger paste, and low sodium light soy sauce, sweet dark soy sauce, spicy vinegar, Encona West Indian Original Hot Pepper Sauce, chili sauce, tomato ketchup, and 3 TBLS water. Mix with a spoon until blended well. Set aside.
- Rinse and drain the minced chicken.
For the Chili Chicken Lettuce Cups:
- Heat peanut, sesame, and chili oil (if using) over medium-high heat in a medium sized sauté pan or wok. Once the oil has heated, add the red onion and sauté until they become slightly tender (about 1 minute).
- Add the spring onion whites and ginger and sauté for 30 seconds more.
- Add the garlic, red and green chilies and continue sautéing for another minute.
- Add the minced chicken and cook for 10 minutes, stirring and breaking up the lumps with your spatula/wooden spoon as it cooks.
- Add the red and green bell pepper and stir until they soften a little – about 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in the sauce and stir to combine and coat the chicken and other ingredients. Cook while stirring occasionally for 2 minutes. If the mixture starts to looks a little dry, add water if needed.
- Add half of the spring onion greens and stir to combine. Cook for 3-40 seconds, then turn off the stove and remove from heat.
- To Serve: Spoon chili chicken mince mixture into lettuce leaves and garnish with remainder spring onion greens.+