- Sauce Bowl: Combine light soy sauce, Lao Gan Ma’s Spicy Chili Crisp sauce, and Chili Garlic Sauce in a medium sized bowl. Mix and set aside.
- Fresh Ingredients: Chop the garlic, ginger, fresh red chilies, celery, carrot, onion and spring onions (whites & greens separated) and set aside.
- Tofu: Drain the tofu pack and pat dry the block with paper towels. Gently squeeze out the excess water, then chop into ½” thick cubes.
For the Crispy Tofu:
- In a large nonstick fry pan, heat 2 tablespoons peanut oil. Once the oil is hot, add the tofu cubes. Allow to cook for at least 1 minute without touching them. Then, gently shake the pan by the handle to make the tofu shift position. You’ll see that the bottom will have browned slightly. Season with kosher salt and black pepper to taste, and use a spatula to flip the tofu. Brown the tofu cubes on all sides – about 10-12 minutes. Set aside (you can leave them in the pan and add them directly to the wok of fried rice).
For the Crispy Tofu Spicy Fried Rice:
- In a large wok, heat 2 tablespoons peanut oil, 2 TSP chili oil, and 2 TSP sesame oil. Once heated, add the onions and spring onion whites and cook until the onions are translucent – about a minute.
- Add the minced celery and carrot and stir-fry until they have softened slightly – about another minute.
- Add the ginger, fresh red chilies, and garlic. Stir-fry until fragrant for 1-2 minutes. Season with a little black pepper and white pepper to taste and continue stir-frying.
- Add the cooked rice and pour the sauce all over it. Continue stir-frying for 4-5 minutes to combine, breaking the clumps of rice as you go with your spatula.
- Once everything is coated in the sauce, add the bean sprouts and top with 1 TBLS Spicy Chili Crisp (optional). Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until they have slightly softened and combined with the rice . Season with more black pepper and white pepper to taste and continue stir-frying.
- Add the crispy tofu and and continue stir-frying until everything in the wok is combined – about 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle 2/3 of the spring onion greens over the rice and give everything a good stir until they are well distributed. Cook for 2-3 more minutes, then turn off the heat and transfer to a dish (or bowls).
- To Serve: Garnish with the remainder spring onion greens and serve with more chili oil on the side if desired.