- Prepare the fresh ingredients: Chop the red onion, lemongrass, ginger, red chilies, large red chilies, red bell pepper, garlic, coriander, and mint leaves as indicated in the “Ingredients” section.
- Make the sauce: Combine the fish sauce, light soy sauce, sweet dark soy sauce, and rice vinegar in a small bowl or measuring cup (the latter makes it easier to pour into the wok). Mix with a spoon to combine, then set aside.
- Make the corn starch slurry: Combine the corn starch and water in a small bowl or measuring cup. Mix with a spoon until combined and a slurry has formed, then set aside.
For the Lemongrass Pork Stir-fry:
- Cook the ground pork: Heat a large wok over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the ground pork and start breaking up the lumps with a wooden spoon/spatula. Season with kosher salt and cook for 4-5 minutes. Once the pork has cooked through, use a slotted spoon to allow the excess grease/liquid to drip off into the wok and transfer to a clean bowl. Wipe out the wok with a paper towel and set it back on the stovetop. (Note: If using ground chicken, you can skip this step as ground chicken is leaner and won’t have extra fat. Add the ground chicken to the wok in step 3 and cook it through then.)
- Sauté aromatics and veggies: Heat 2 TBLS canola oil in the wok over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the red onion, lemongrass, ginger, red chilies, and large red chilies. Sauté for 2 minutes or until fragrant. Then add the red bell pepper and garlic and stir-fry for another minute to combine.
- Add pork back in: Add the ground pork back into the wok and toss to combine with everything else. (Note: If using ground chicken, add it to the wok now and season with kosher salt. Cook for about 2 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking up the lumps as you go. Toss to combine with everything else in the wok.)
- Toss with sugar, sauce, and corn starch slurry: Add the brown sugar and pour in the sauce. Give the corn starch slurry a quick stir with a spoon (the corn starch will have settled at the bottom) and pour it into the wok too. Toss briefly to combine, then simmer for 2-3 minutes or until most of the liquid has cooked off.
- Season: Season with black pepper, crushed red pepper chili flakes, and lime juice to taste and stir-fry to combine.
- Add herbs: Add in half of the coriander and half of the mint leaves. Give everything a good final toss to combine, then switch off the heat.
- To Serve: Serve immediately with warm steamed rice, and garnish with the remainder coriander and mint leaves and extra chopped red chilies if desired.