- Marinate the pork: Thinly slice the pork filet and to a medium-sized bowl, followed by the light soy sauce, fish sauce, and ground white pepper. Mix well with a spoon to combine, then set aside.
- Make the sauce: Whisk together the light soy sauce, sweet dark soy sauce, oyster sauce, distilled white vinegar, white sugar, water, and sesame oil in a small measuring cup (or bowl).
- Prepare the fresh ingredients: Chop/slice the garlic, Thai red chilies, Prik Kee Nu green chilies (if using), large red chili, and Chinese broccoli as indicated in the ‘Ingredients’ section. Lightly beat the egg in a small bowl. Use a knife to cut through the center of the packaging of the egg tofu. Press the ends of the packaging to gently squeeze the tofu out onto a cutting board. Slice the tofu into ½-inch wide discs (7-8 pieces). If using rice noodle sheets and not pre-cut noodles, cut (or gently tear) 1 to 1 & 1/4-inch wide noodle strands from the sheets. Set aside.
For the Pad See Ew with Pork & Egg Tofu:
- Pan-fry the egg tofu: Heat 1 tablespoon of canola oil in a medium-sized nonstick skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the egg tofu discs and pan-fry for 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally with a silicone spatula, until browned and crisp on both sides. Transfer to a clean plate and set aside.
- Cook the pork: Transfer the oil you used to pan-fry the tofu to a large wok (add more oil if needed until there is 1 tablespoon of oil in the wok) and heat over high heat. Once hot, add the marinated pork and immediately spread out the pieces in the wok. Allow to sear for 1 minute, then stir-fry 1-2 minutes until just cooked and slightly browned. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a clean bowl. Discard the oil and cooking liquid from the pork (if any), and wipe out the wok with a paper towel.
- Sauté garlic and chilies: Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in the wok over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the garlic, Thai red chilies, green Prik Kee Nu chilies, and large red chili. Stir-fry for a minute or until fragrant.
- Cook the egg: Push the garlic and chilies to the side of the wok. Add the egg and scramble immediately. Toss to combine with the garlic and chilies.
- Add the Chinese broccoli and pork: Add the Chinese broccoli and pork into the wok. Stir-fry for 30 seconds to combine, until the Chinese broccoli leafy parts are slightly wilted.
- Add the noodles and sauce: Add the rice noodles and pour the sauce on top. Stir-fry until everything is combined well and the noodles are evenly coated in the sauce. Let the noodles sit undisturbed for 20 seconds, then toss and let sit again for another 20 seconds until slightly charred.
- Add the ground white pepper and egg tofu: Season with ground white pepper and add the pan-fried egg tofu. Let sit for 10 seconds to reheat the tofu and continue charring the noodles, then gently toss for 20 seconds to combine. Switch off the heat.
- To Serve: Divide evenly onto plates. Serve immediately with Thai chili powder, fish sauce with chopped chilies, and chilies steeped in vinegar if desired.