- Make the sauce: In a small measuring cup (for easier pouring) or bowl, mix together the oyster sauce, light soy sauce, sweet dark soy sauce, fish sauce and granulated sugar-free sweetener until combined well. Set aside.
- Prepare the fresh ingredients: Chop/prepare the yellow onion, garlic, chilies as indicated in the ‘ingredients’ section. Pick the holy basil leaves off the stems if they aren’t already. Wash and pat-dry, then set aside.
Thai Basil Chicken Tortellini:
- Cook the tortellini: Cook the tortellini in a pot of boiling water according to package instructions until al-dente. Reserve ¼ cup of tortellini cooking water, then drain into a colander and set aside. (I like to run water over the tortellini to prevent sticking and halt the cooking process but this is optional).
- Stir-fry the aromatics: Heat ½ tablespoon of canola oil in a large nonstick wok (or deep sauté pan/skillet) over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic and chilies and stir-fry for 30-40 seconds until fragrant.
- Cook the chicken: Add the ground chicken and cook for 2 minutes, breaking up the clumps with your spatula or a wooden spoon, until just cooked.
- Add the baby corn: Add the baby corn and stir-fry for 15-20 seconds to combine.
- Add the tortellini and sauce: Add the cooked tortellini and pour the sauce you prepared earlier over everything. Add 2 tablespoons of reserved tortellini cooking water and gently mix until the chicken and tortellini are evenly coated in the sauce and it thickens a little. If the sauce becomes too thick, add ½ to 1 tablespoon of the pasta water or as needed until it coats everything evenly.
- Toss through the basil: Toss through the holy basil leaves until just wilted – about 15 seconds. Switch off the heat.
- To Serve: Divide evenly onto plates or in bowls and serve immediately.