No Churn Amaretto Ice Cream (with Disaronno Velvet & Honey Roasted Almonds)
This No Churn Amaretto Ice Cream is easy to make with just 5 ingredients, doesn’t require an ice cream maker, and is wonderfully creamy, sweet, and loaded with crunchy honey roasted almonds! Toasted almond and vanilla flavors make this frozen treat absolutely delightful. Perfect for beating the summer heat!
Amaretto lovers rejoice! I have a special treat for you today!
This No Churn Amaretto Ice Cream is wonderfully creamy and smooth thanks to Disaronno Velvet, a limited edition cream liqueur that boasts the same unmistakable signature delicate almond and sweet apricot flavors of Disaronno Originale. With a splash of vanilla adding warm vanilla tones, this ice cream is a cooling and refreshing treat during the summer!
Like the Originale, Disaronno Velvet doesn’t contain any almonds in spite of its almond flavor. However, almond lovers have nothing to fear because I’ve LOADED up this rich and creamy ice cream with crunchy lightly salted honey roasted almonds!
Aside from the delicious flavor, the next best thing about this ice cream is that it is NO CHURN! You only need 5 ingredients to quickly whip up the ice cream mixture WITHOUT an ice cream maker. Then freeze it for a few hours and this irresistible dessert is yours and ready to be enjoyed!
Why This Recipe Works
- No ice cream maker needed! All you need is an electric hand mixer (or stand mixer) and 2 mixing bowls to make this sinfully rich and creamy no churn amaretto ice cream!
- It’s suitable for gluten-free and vegetarian diets.
- DELIGHTFUL & DELICIOUS! The silky and velvety texture of the ice cream, scrumptious nutty almond flavors, warm vanilla tones, and crunchy honey roasted almonds combo is to die for!
Ingredient Notes and Substitutes
- Heavy Whipping Cream: Heavy or double cream works too. Make sure that it has a minimum of 35% fat content per 100 grams.
- Disaronno Velvet Cream Liqueur: This is a limited addition amaretto cream liqueur produced by Disaronno. It is absolutely DELIGHTFUL with its silky smooth creamy texture and delicious toasted almond, apricot, and vanilla flavors! You can purchase a bottle online or try finding it in a well-stocked liquor store near you. If you happen to live in the UK, at the time of writing it is widely available and you can grab a bottle at Tesco, Costco, and Sainsbury’s. If you can’t find it, use another amaretto cream liqueur such as Di Antonio Amaretto Cream or Adriatico Amaretto Bianco. The latter is lactose-free and is made with almond milk.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk: This will sweeten the ice cream. I used a small Nestlē Eagle brand can.
- Vanilla Extract: You can use store-bought or homemade.
- Almond Extract (optional): If you’d like the ice cream to have a stronger almond flavor, add a splash! Or you can leave it out and let the Disaronno Velvet flavor shine.
- Honey Roasted Almonds. Or use maple roasted pecans or almonds! I LOVE Blue Diamond honey roasted almonds and added a whole cup of them to this delectable ice cream! Feel free to use less if you prefer. Or leave out the nuts if you’re not a fan of having them in your ice cream.
Full ingredient list and amounts are in the recipe card below.
How to Make No Churn Amaretto Ice Cream
1. Combine sweetened condensed milk with flavorings. Mix together the sweetened condensed milk, Disaronno Velvet Cream Liqueur, vanilla extract, and almond extract (if using) in a large mixing bowl.
2. Make the whipped cream. Use an electric hand mixer or stand mixer with the whisk attachment to beat the cream in another large bowl until still peaks form.
3. Fold. Transfer the whipped cream to the bowl with the sweetened condensed milk and flavorings mixture. Gently fold the cream, then gently fold in the honey roasted almonds until combined.
4. Assemble and freeze. Transfer to ice cream paper cartons. (Or you can use other types of freezer safe containers such as insulated ice cream tubs or a bread loaf pan.) Then cover and freeze for 6 hours until solid.
Serve! Place the ice cream container on the counter for a few minutes to slightly soften until scoopable. Then scoop, serve, and enjoy!
Full detailed instructions are in the recipe card below.
- Chill the beaters of your electric hand mixer and the mixing bowl. The colder everything is, the quicker the process for making the whipped cream will be. Place the beaters and bowl in the fridge or freezer for 20 minutes. Make sure your heavy whipping cream is chilled too and keep it in the fridge until you’re ready to start beating.
- Be gentle when folding the whipped cream into the sweetened condensed milk mixture. Take your time and don’t rush the process to integrate them properly. Do not stir or mix, but fold. Stirring will knock the air out from the whipped cream and ultimately result in a less creamy ice cream.
- Cover the ice cream with nonstick cooking paper or cling wrap. Make sure that it is directly touching the ice cream surface and press out any bubbles. This will help prevent ice crystals from forming during freezing. Then cover the container with its lid (if it has one) before freezing.
Disaronno and Disaronno Velvet are both amaretto liqueurs but Disaronno Velvet is a cream liqueur with a smooth milky texture. Both come in the signature Disaronno bottles with a square cap. However, the Disaronno bottle is transparent and the Disaronno Velvet bottle is all-white. The ABV for the original Disaronno stands at 28% and at 17% for the cream liqueur.
It is available to purchase online and at select liqueur stores in the US and in Asia. In the UK, it can be found on the shelves of all major retailers such Sainsbury’s and Tesco.
Once opened, the bottle should be stored between 0°C to 25°C. It’s best to store cream liqueurs in the fridge after opening and consume within 6 months.
Certainly. It will be less creamy tasting but will work just fine. I recommend using 2-3 tablespoons of amaretto liqueur as the flavor will be stronger than in an amaretto cream liqueur.
More No Churn Ice Creams
- Baileys Strawberries & Cream Ice Cream
- Baileys Espresso Crème Ice Cream (with Hot Fudge Sauce Swirl)
- Baileys Salted Caramel Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- S’mores Ice Cream
- Or browse the entire Desserts recipe collection.
MADE THIS RECIPE? If you make this recipe, leave a comment and review it below with a STAR rating! I always appreciate your feedback and it helps other readers that are thinking of making the recipe. Take a photo and be sure to tag it with @thatspicychick on Instagram and hashtag it #thatspicychick and I’ll be sure to share.Print
No Churn Amaretto Ice Cream (with Disaronno Velvet & Honey Roasted Almonds)
Toasted almond and vanilla flavors from Disaronno Velvet and honey roasted almonds make this No Churn Amaretto Ice Cream absolutely delightful! No ice cream maker required.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Freezing Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 3 Pints 1x
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Freeze
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 350 grams / 12.35 ounce can Sweetened Condensed Milk (I used Nestlē Eagle brand – note 1)
- 5 TBLS Disaronno Velvet Cream Liqueur (or other amaretto cream liqueur – note 2)
- 1 TSP Pure Vanilla Extract
- ½ TSP Almond Extract (optional – note 3)
- 500ml / 16.9 ounces Heavy Whipping Cream (minimum 35% fat content)
- 105 – 140 grams / ¾ – 1 cup Honey Roasted Almonds (note 4)- chopped
- Combine sweetened condensed milk with flavorings: In a large mixing bowl, mix together the sweetened condensed milk, Disaronno Velvet Cream Liqueur, vanilla extract, and almond extract until combined well.
- Make the whipped cream: Pour the heavy whipping cream into another large mixing bowl. Use an electric hand mixer (or stand mixer with the whisk attachment) to beat the cream on medium-high speed. Once the cream starts to thicken, increase the speed and continue beating until still peaks form – about 4-12 minutes (note 5).
- Fold in whipped cream: Transfer the whipped cream to the bowl with the sweetened condensed milk and flavorings mixture. Use a silicone spatula to gently fold until fully combined and the mixture is slightly thick and creamy.
- Fold in nuts: Gently fold in the honey roasted almonds until combined.
- Freeze: Transfer to ice cream paper cartons (or other type of freezer safe containers such as insulated ice cream tubs or a bread loaf pan). Cover the top with nonstick cooking paper or cling wrap, making sure that it touches the ice cream mixture. Press out any air bubbles so that ice crystals don’t form. Then cover with the container’s lid (if it has one) and freeze for 6 hours until solid.
- Serve: Once solid, place the ice cream container on the counter for 5-10 minutes at room temperature to slightly soften. Scoop into bowls, then serve and enjoy!
- Sweetened condensed milk. If using a 400 grams / 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk, increase the heavy whipping cream to 750ml / 2 and ½ cups in order to not make the ice cream too sweet.
- Disaronno Velvet Cream Liqueur. This is a limited addition amaretto cream liqueur produced by Disaronno. You can purchase a bottle online or try finding it in a well-stocked liquor store near you. If you happen to live in the UK, at the time of writing it is widely available and you can grab a bottle at Tesco, Costco, and Sainsbury’s. Alternatively, feel free to use another amaretto cream liqueur such as Di Antonio Amaretto Cream or Adriatico Amaretto Bianco. The latter is lactose-free and is made with almond milk. If you can only find regular amaretto liqueur, I recommend using 2-3 tablespoons only as the flavor will be stronger.
- Almond Extract. This is optional, but you can add it if you’d like the ice cream to have a stronger almond flavor.
- Honey Roasted Almonds. Feel free to use maple roasted pecans or almonds instead. I LOVE Blue Diamond honey roasted almonds and added a whole cup, but you can use less if you prefer. Leave out the nuts altogether if you’re not a fan of having them in your ice cream.
- Beating the cream. Time will vary depending on several factors such as how cold the cream is, environmental conditions, etc. The colder the cream, beaters and mixing bowl that will be used to make the whipped cream are, the quicker it’ll be for stiff peaks to form.
- Storing. The ice cream will last in the freezer for 3-4 weeks in a freezer safe sealed airtight container. If freezing in a loaf pan and you still have some left after a few days, transfer to a sealable freezer-friendly airtight container. This will reduce the risk of ice crystals forming and the ice cream will stay fresh longer.
- Serving Size: 1 scoop
- Calories: 257
- Sugar: 16.6g
- Sodium: 58.4mg
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8.2g
- Trans Fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrates: 19.9g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Protein: 5.1g
- Cholesterol: 33.8mg
Keywords: amaretto ice cream, disaronno ice cream, no churn amaretto ice cream
This post may contain affiliate links. We are a part of the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn a small commission (at no extra cost to you) by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary based on several factors. It should only be used as a general guideline. For more information, please see our Disclosure.