Baileys Strawberries & Cream Ice Cream (No Churn)
This no churn Baileys Strawberries & Cream Ice Cream is super easy to make, doesn’t require an ice cream maker, and is wonderfully creamy, smooth, and DELICIOUS! It’s bursting with ripe strawberry and vanilla flavors, and customizable with additional add-ins.
OK, WOW! 😍
I have no idea why it has taken so long for me to jump on board the no churn ice cream train. But since I’ve discovered this magic, I’ve made so many flavors, and I absolutely can’t wait to share them all with you! 😊
First up is this ridiculously easy to make, luxuriously creamy, and incredibly DELICIOUS Baileys Strawberries & Cream Ice Cream! 😋
All you need is a few basic ingredients, Baileys Strawberries & Cream Irish Cream Liqueur, two mixing bowls, and an electric hand mixer to enjoy this delicious homemade ice cream in just a few hours!
I should mention that no churn ice cream does melt slightly quicker than standard store-bought ice cream. But because of this, it’s ready to be eaten (read: inhaled!) after just a few short minutes on the counter. No long waiting time to enjoy this yummy and creamy dessert, which also happens to be naturally gluten-free! 🙌
This grown-up strawberry ice cream is so good, you’ll be coming back for a second, and possibly a third scoop!
Why This Recipe Works
- It’s super tasty, and full of bright summer strawberry and vanilla flavors!
- It’s ultra-creamy and smooth, yet very refreshing and light on the palate.
- While it has some alcohol, it isn’t overly boozy tasting.
- No ice cream maker is required. Just an electric hand mixer and you’re all set!
- All you need is 5 basic ingredients, and Baileys Strawberries & Cream Irish Cream Liqueur to make it.
- It’s cheaper to make it than buying a carton of good quality ice cream at the store.
- Heavy Whipping Cream: Or use heavy cream, or double cream if you’re in the UK. Make sure that the cream has a minimum of 35% fat content.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk: I used a small Nestlē Eagle brand can which is 350 grams/12.35 ounces. Don’t worry if you only have a 396 gram/14 ounce can available want to use up the full can. This recipe if very forgiving, and you can simply add an extra 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream so that the ice cream isn’t too sweet.
- Pure Vanilla Extract: Because most sweet treats taste great with a bit of vanilla!
- Strawberry Essence (or strawberry extract): Either will work. You’ll need a generous splash to infuse the ice cream with wonderful strawberry flavors!
- Red Food Coloring: Optional, but recommended if you’d like a nice pink color for this ice cream. It won’t affect the taste at all, so don’t worry if you don’t have any on hand.
- Baileys Strawberries & Cream Irish Cream Liqueur: This is a limited edition flavor, and it tastes absolutely delightful! 😍 You can order it online, or look for it in a well-stocked liquor store or supermarket. I got my bottle from a chain shop called Best Mart 360° here in Hong Kong – it’s a chain shop that sells food and groceries at a cheaper price.
Full ingredient amounts are in the recipe card below.
How to Make Baileys Strawberries & Cream Ice Cream
1. Combine flavorings. Mix together the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, strawberry essence, red food coloring and Baileys Strawberries & Cream Irish Cream Liqueur in a large mixing bowl until combined well.
2. Make the whipped cream. In another large mixing bowl, beat the whipping cream using an electric hand mixer (or stand mixer) until stiff peaks form.
3. Combine both mixtures. Gently fold the whipped cream into the sweetened condensed milk and flavorings mixture until the combined mixture is light and creamy.
4. Freeze: Transfer the ice cream mixture to a freezer safe container, then cover and place in the freezer for a few hours or until solid.
I like to use disposable ice cream paper cartons because you can label them easily. They also make giving the ice cream to friends and family as gifts very convenient. But you can also use a 9×5-inch loaf pan and cover it with cling wrap, or another type of sealable freezer-friendly airtight container. If you plan to make ice cream more often, it might be worth investing in these reusable ice cream quart sized containers or ice cream tubs.
5. Serve! Once the ice cream has frozen and is solid, let it sit on the counter for a few minutes at room temperature. Then scoop, serve, and enjoy!
Full detailed instructions are in the recipe card below.
- Chill the mixing bowl for the whipped cream and metal beaters of the electric hand mixer. Place them in the fridge (or freezer) for 20 minutes. Remove the cream from the fridge only when you are just about to start making the whipped cream. Having things as cold as possible will help speed along the process for making the whipped cream.
- Start on a medium-high speed first when beating the whipping cream or else it’ll splash everywhere. You can increase the speed once the cream starts to thicken.
- If using a 9×5-inch loaf pan or another type of sealable freezer-friendly container, place a sheet of nonstick cooking paper or cling wrap directly on top of the ice cream. Make sure it’s touching the ice cream and press out any air bubbles to prevent ice crystals from forming in the freezer.
- Place a small sheet of nonstick cooking paper (parchment paper) directly over the ice cream if using paper ice cream cartons before placing the lid on. This helps to prevent ice crystals form forming within and on top of the ice cream in the freezer.
It means you don’t need an ice cream maker to churn the ice cream.
Making whipped cream involves beating in air into the cream to make it light and airy. This is the same concept of an ice cream maker churning to incorporate air into the ice cream mixture to make it light and airy. The sweetened condensed milk in the mixture adds sweetness.
It tastes AMAZING! The whipped cream and sweetened condensed milk method yields an ultra-smooth and creamy ice cream, and it tastes pretty much like real ice cream, if not better!
It should last in the freezer for 3-4 weeks. But I doubt it’ll still be in your freezer till then as it’s so good that you and/or your family are likely to eat it all up quicker!
Four hours in the freezer will give you a soft serve consistency. Six hours will give you a firm and solid ice cream texture. Due to the alcohol from the Baileys Strawberries and Cream Irish cream liqueur, it won’t freeze completely rock hard solid. But that means that you only have to wait for a few short minutes before serving.
You can customize this Baileys Strawberries & Cream Ice Cream ice cream by mixing in various add-ins after folding the whipped cream into the sweetened condensed milk and flavorings mixture. Feel free to add…
- Chocolate chips. White chocolate chips would taste divine in this ice cream!
- Nuts. Toasted/roasted chopped pecans, walnuts, almonds, macadamias, etc.
- Biscuits/cookies. Broken up pieces of Lotus Biscoff cookies, Digestive biscuits, graham crackers, etc.
- Strawberries. Amp up the strawberry flavors by adding either fresh or frozen strawberries. If using frozen, drain any liquid once thawed (so that it is not watery) before stirring them into the ice cream mixture. This will minimize the risk of ice crystals forming within the ice cream in the freezer.
More Summer Treats and Desserts
- Thai Iced Milk Tea with Grass Jelly
- Biscoff Apple Milkshake
- Strawberry Lemon Cream Cake
- Lemon Basque Burnt Cheesecake
- Apricot Almond Oat Slice (Oat Bars)
- Or browse the entire Desserts recipe collection.
MADE THIS RECIPE? If you make this recipe, leave a comment and review it below with a STAR rating! I always appreciate your feedback. Take a photo and be sure to tag it with @thatspicychick on Instagram and hashtag it #thatspicychick and I’ll be sure to share.Print
Strawberries & Cream Ice Cream (No Churn)
This no churn Baileys Strawberries & Cream Ice Cream is easy to make, doesn’t require an ice cream maker, and is full of ripe strawberry and vanilla flavors! It’s also wonderfully creamy, smooth, and DELICIOUS!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Freezing Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 3 Pints 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Freeze
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 500ml / 16.9 ounces Heavy Whipping Cream (minimum 35% fat content)
- 350 grams / 12.35 ounce can Sweetened Condensed Milk (I used Nestlē Eagle brand)
- 1 TSP Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1.5 TSP Strawberry Essence (or strawberry extract)
- 2–3 drops Red Food Coloring (optional)
- 5 TBLS Baileys Strawberries & Cream Irish Cream Liqueur
- Combine sweetened condensed milk with flavorings: In a large mixing bowl, mix together the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, strawberry essence, red food coloring, and Baileys Strawberries & Cream Liqueur until combined well.
- Make the whipped cream: Add the heavy whipping cream to another large mixing bowl. Using an electric hand mixer (or stand mixer with the whisk attachment), start beating on medium-high speed. As the cream thickens, increase the speed and continue beating until stiff peaks form. (Note: Time will vary depending on several factors, but it will take about 4-12 minutes for stiff peaks to form.)
- Fold: Using a rubber spatula, gently fold the whipped cream into the sweetened condensed milk and flavorings mixture until combined well. The mixture should be light and creamy.
- Freeze: Transfer the mixture to a freezer safe container such as ice cream paper cartons with lids, a 9×5-inch loaf pan, or a freezer-friendly sealed airtight container. Place a sheet of nonstick cooking paper (parchment paper) or cling wrap directly on top so that it is touching the ice cream. Press out any air bubbles to prevent ice crystals from forming. Cover and freeze for 4-6 hours, or until fully solid.
- Serve: When ready to serve, remove from the fridge and let stand for 5-10 minutes to soften slightly. Then scoop, serve, and enjoy!
- Heavy whipping cream. You can use heavy cream, or double cream if you’re based in the UK. As long as the cream has a minimum of 35% fat content per 100 grams, the ice cream will be nice and creamy.
- How long will the no churn ice cream last? The ice cream will last in the freezer for 3-4 weeks in a freezer safe sealed airtight container. If storing in a loaf pan for more than a couple of days, transfer the ice cream to a freezer-friendly sealed airtight container so that it stays fresh longer and the risk of ice crystals forming is reduced.
- See ‘Variations’ section above if you’d like to customize this ice cream with add-ins, and ‘Cook’s Tips’ for extra tips.
Shop the Recipe
- Serving Size: 1 scoop
- Calories: 258
- Sugar: 18.3g
- Sodium: 60.8mg
- Fat: 18.5g
- Saturated Fat: 11.8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5.3g
- Trans Fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrates: 18.4g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 3.7g
- Cholesterol: 57.3mg
The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary based on several factors. It should only be used as a general guideline. For more information, please see our Disclosure.
All images and text ©That Spicy Chick.
This post may contain affiliate links. We are a part of the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn a small commission (at no extra cost to you) by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary based on several factors. It should only be used as a general guideline. For more information, please see our Disclosure.