Thai Green Curry Lentil Soup
This Thai Green Curry Lentil Soup is full of feel-good veggies, ground chicken and aromatic Thai green curry flavors! It’s easy to make in one pot and is a wholesome and satisfying meal. It’s also gluten-free, dairy-free and customizable with your favorite protein and veggies.
Easy to make in one pot, full of veggies, chicken, aromatic herbs and a spicy Thai green curry broth! This Thai Green Curry Lentil Soup is a delicious and satisfying meal on any night of the week and is SO flavorful!
After sharing my Thai red curry lentil soup, I knew I had to make a green curry version. So here we are today with a hearty green curry soup with green lentils!
Here’s what we have going on:
- Green lentils. Rich in protein, fiber and several vitamins and minerals, green lentils hold their shape after simmering but still become tender to the bite. They’re delicious in the Thai green curry broth!
- Ground chicken. Adds more protein to the soup and makes it super filling and satiating.
- Wholesome veggies. An all-star combination of red onion, sweet potatoes, carrots, shelled edamame and baby spinach. YUM TOWN for all my veggie lovers!
- Aromatic Thai green curry paste. The curry paste is beautifully spiced and flavor-packed. It’s what sets this soup apart from other green lentil soups!
- Lite Coconut Milk. Adds a touch of creaminess without the extra calories that comes from full fat coconut milk.
- Thai sweet basil and makrut lime leaves. They both make this soup intoxicatingly fragrant with alluring anise-like and citrusy aromas.
This soup is actually more like a chunky stew and it’s super cozy and filling. It’s also loaded with protein from the chicken, green lentils and edamame. Sweet potatoes and lentils make it high fiber too and rich in potassium, folate, and iron.
Why This Recipe Works
- Easy and straightforward to make. It’s ready in 45 minutes once you’ve prepped all the ingredients and a breeze to whip up thanks to using store-bought green curry paste. It’s also a mostly dump-stir-and-simmer type of soup and doesn’t require a lot of active cooking time.
- One pot. All you need is a large Dutch oven or stockpot!
- Meal prep and freezer-friendly. Make a batch on a Sunday to enjoy throughout the week. Or freeze and thaw individual portions to enjoy whenever you like!
- Nutrient dense and DELICIOUS! It’s full of fiber and protein thanks to all the veggies and chicken and is a hearty, tasty and satisfying meal.