This Thai Basil Chicken Nachos is easy to make, and the perfect fusion party appetizer for Thai food and nachos lovers! Spicy and garlicky Thai basil chicken, jalapeño peppers, and plenty of melty cheeses get piled high onto tortilla chips and baked to crispy, spicy, and cheesy fusion nachos perfection!
It’s nachos time, friends! 💃
A few years ago for Cinco de Mayo, I did a fusion Indian and Mexican nachos masterpiece – these Chicken Tikka Nachos! This year, I’ve got a spectacular Thai and Mexican fusion nachos dish for you all – these mind-blowing and oober delicious Thai Basil Chicken Nachos!! 🤩
If you love spicy Thai holy basil chicken, and you love nachos, you are definitely going to want to make these for your next party or Cinco de Mayo celebration.
- Spicy and garlicky Thai basil chicken
- Tangy pickled jalapeño peppers
- Two types of cheeses: sharp cheddar for a hint of tang and Monterey Jack for oozy-melty cheesy goodness!
- …and all of it is combined into one EPIC nachos dish that is sooo EXTRA! 🤩
Top it off with some chopped fresh coriander for a burst of freshness, and serve with cooling sour cream, guacamole, and my favorite sweet and juicy mango salsa to compliment all the salty and spicy flavors!
I guarantee that everyone is going to go crazy over this beautiful plate of nachos because they are DAMN tasty and SO GOOD!
Why This Recipe Works
- It’s incredibly flavorful with garlicky, spicy, and savory-sweet notes! It tastes like you’re enjoying a Thai stir-fried holy basil dish, but in nachos form!
- Using shredded chicken as opposed to ground chicken helps keep the chicken glued to the nachos. There are no bits of ground meat rolling off when you pull up a piece.
- Layering the ingredients in two batches when assembling the nachos ensures that no tortilla chip is left dry or devoid of any topping or cheese.
- You can enjoy it as a party appetizer, game day snack, or even as a meal!