This Homemade Caesar Salad Dressing starts with mayonnaise as the base and is quick and easy to whip up in just a few minutes, full of savory and bold umami notes, and irresistibly creamy! It’s delicious in Caesar salads, wraps, sandwiches, or as a dip for crudités!
Confession. I am a Caesar salad dressing snob.
There are only two places in this city where I like and will eat the Caesar salad dressing – Outback Steakhouse in their Caesar salad and City Super Deli’s chicken Caesar wrap. I’m always cautious when visiting a new restaurant and have multiple self-debates on whether to order their Caesar salad and risk being disappointed if it is anything but perfect. After all, it is my favorite dressing!!
I’ve tried many bottled supermarket ones over the years and they’ve all been rather disappointing. Some were too tangy or salty, some tasted too much like a watered-down ranch dressing instead of Caesar, while others were lacking in flavor and dull (most likely the ones that were anchovy-free).
While developing my Caesar Pasta Bake recipe (coming soon!), I quickly realized that I’d have to make my own homemade Caesar dressing to perfect the recipe and do it justice!
So I took on the task, and here I am today sharing my perfected, easy, and downright delicious homemade Caesar salad dressing recipe with you all! 🤗
There’s no mucking about with raw egg yolks or a large quantity of oil in this recipe because we’ll be taking a shortcut and using mayonnaise as the base. As we know from my Kebab Shop Garlic Sauce and Cilantro and Mint Sauce, mayo is EXCELLENT for making irresistibly dreamy and deliciously creamy sauces. And now we know it does wonders for smooth and creamy salad dressings too. 😊
Why This Recipe Works
- It’s quick and easy to whip up in in under 10 minutes!
- Using store-bought mayonnaise allows us to skip the step of emulsifying egg yolks and oil to make the base of the dressing.
- Using both Worcestershire sauce and anchovy paste doubles down on the signature umami notes in modern day Caesar dressings.
- The extra virgin olive oil and sour cream helps to smooth out the dressing without adding any overbearing flavors.
- It tastes 100 times better and fresher than any store-bought Caesar dressings on the market!!