This Chili Garlic Chicken & Broccoli Stir-fry is quick and easy to make in 30 minutes and EXPLODING with savory-sweet and spicy flavors with a hint of tang! Tender chicken pieces, broccoli and fragrant aromatics get stir-fried in a lip-smacking and addictive spicy garlicky sauce. Perfect for busy weeknights and SO good with steamed rice!
I’m addicted to this Chili Garlic Chicken and Broccoli Stir-fry and not ashamed of it.
I mean, who can resist tender pieces of chicken, crisp-tender broccoli florets, fresh garlic, ginger, spring onion and chilies tossed in the most irresistible sauce with garlicky chili flavors and toasted sesame aromas?!
This Sichuan-inspired dish is also umami loaded thanks to Sichuan Pixian dou ban jiang (chili bean sauce) and savory and tangy Lao Gan Ma’s pickled chilies sauce. ❤️
It was inspired by my Sichuan Dry-Braised Shrimp and boasts the same lip-smacking savory-sweet sauce and chili flavors. (A must try for shrimp lovers!) Like the shrimp version of this dish, it’s great for easy weeknight dinners, comes together in 30 minutes, and super delicious with steamed rice!
While it tastes amazing right after cooking with a bowl of steamed rice, the leftovers are tasty too even when reheated in the microwave the next day.
Though I doubt you’ll have any if everyone gobbles it up like they do in my home! 😉
Why This Recipe Works
- Quick and easy to make! All you need is 30 minutes to get this on the table! Perfect for busy weeknights!
- Tender and flavorful chicken pieces. Marinating the chicken with potato starch and sauces creates a thin velvety coating which allows the meat to stay tender on the inside during cooking. Using sesame oil and Shao Xing rice wine infuses the meat with flavor too.
- Perfectly cooked crisp-tender broccoli. Blanching the broccoli florets briefly ensures that they won’t take long to cook in the final stir-fry and will be cooked to perfection.
- Customizable. You can swap the broccoli for any of your favorite stir-fry friendly veggies and the chicken for your favorite protein.
- Better than takeout! This dish is healthier than a chicken and broccoli dish from a Chinese takeout restaurant and it tastes AMAZING!