This Salmon Pasta with Anchovy-Garlic Sauce is easy to make, and full of garlicky, spicy, citrusy and zingy flavors! Flaked pan-fried salmon gets tossed with garlic, chilies, pasta, baby spinach, capers and more in a delectable butter and olive oil-based white wine sauce.
New favorite pasta alert!!
I debated long and hard on whether to include ‘anchovy’ in the title of this pasta dish. I mean, many people (including my previous self) would be averse to eating anything with anchovies.
But I have to say, don’t knock it till you try it. That’s exactly what I did, and I am now completely smitten and 100% in love with this Salmon Pasta with Anchovy-Garlic Sauce! 😍
You guys, this pasta dish is EXPLODING with savory umami notes! We have anchovy paste, soy sauce, and freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese bringing their umami game to this wonderful weeknight pasta dish.
Contrary to what one might think, the anchovy paste is not in-your-face pungent in the garlicky butter and olive oil-based sauce. It simply adds a subtle savory umami flavor and mellow sweetness that you didn’t know your pasta dish needed.
There’s plenty of other wonderful things happening in this easy weeknight pasta that’s made with mostly everyday pantry ingredients.
We have perfectly pan-fried flaked salmon fillets, robust bucatini pasta, plenty of garlic, a few chilies, fragrant finely minced kaffir lime leaves (or you can use lemon zest) and crushed red pepper in a spectacular light-on-the-palate but rich flavored buttery white wine sauce! Hello lovvver!! 😍
Why This Recipe Works
- It’s quick and easy to make on any given weeknight, but is elegant enough for dinner parties and date night in.
- Flaked pan-fried salmon fillets make this light-on-the-palate pasta a satisfying and filling meal.
- Unsalted butter, olive oil, white wine, and pasta water come together to create a light, yet delectable thin sauce that clings perfectly to the pasta and seeps into the hole in the full-bodied bucatini.
- Anchovy paste adds a deep, savory umami flavor without making this pasta dish fishy or pungent.
- Fresh parsley and baby spinach add herby and mellow notes to cut through the rich and savory flavors.
- Capers and fresh lemon juice brightens up everything at the end!
Get ready for this Salmon Pasta with Anchovy-Garlic Sauce to rock your world!