Baileys Salted Caramel Peanut Butter Ice Cream (No Churn)
This no churn Baileys Salted Caramel Peanut Butter Ice Cream is made with just 5 ingredients, perfectly balanced with salty and sweet notes, and full of velvety and nutty peanut butter swirls. It’s easy to make, doesn’t require an ice cream maker, and is absolutely scrumptious!
To some people, summer means ice cream time. I am totally on board with that. But when it comes to this Baileys Salted Caramel Peanut Butter Ice Cream, I could seriously eat it ALL. YEAR. LONG! 😍
It’s no secret that salted caramel and peanut butter is a match made in heaven – you’ve probably had a milkshake with this flavor combo at some point.
But now when a little bit of booze is involved – specifically Baileys heavenly Salted Caramel Irish Cream Liqueur – and you have delicious velvety swirls of peanut butter in a NO CHURN ice cream, it’s straight up heaven! This, my friends, is a dessert fit for the gods! 🤩 😋
All you need is 5 ingredients and a few minutes to make this delicious frozen treat (then a few hours to freeze it). No ice cream maker is needed, and no messing with just using the egg yolks and saving the whites (this ice cream is eggless) – something that drives me up the wall!
Just like my Baileys Strawberries & Cream Ice Cream, this no churn Baileys Salted Caramel Peanut Butter Ice Cream is simple and easy to make, irresistible on a hot summer day, and guaranteed to be a hit with caramel and peanut butter lovers!
Why This Recipe Works
- You don’t need an ice cream maker to make it, just an electric hand mixer and a couple of mixing bowls and you’re good to go! (Or you could use a whisk, but be prepared for a proper arm workout!).
- It’s suitable for gluten-free and vegetarian diets, and can be made nut-free with a nut-free peanut butter.
- It is OMG-level DELICIOUS, and full of scrumptious salty, sweet, and peanut buttery notes!
- Sweetened Condensed Milk: This will provide sweetness to the ice cream. I used a small Nestlē Eagle brand can.
- Heavy Whipping Cream: Or use heavy cream or double cream. It should have a minimum of 35% fat content per 100 grams.
- Pure Vanilla Extract: Store-bought or homemade.
- Baileys Salted Caramel Irish Cream Liqueur: This delicious drink is made with Baileys Original Irish Cream, but with added caramel, salt, and other flavorings. It’s OMG-delicious! It can be found in large stores like Walmart and Costco in the USA, and Asda, Morrisons and Sainsbury’s in the UK. Alternatively, you can purchase a bottle online, or try finding it in a well-stocked liquor store near you.
- Peanut Butter: I used a creamy (smooth) commercial peanut butter (Skippy brand), but you’re welcome to use a crunchy peanut butter if you like. If using a natural creamy peanut butter with no sugar added, be aware that the flavor will be less sweet. Use a nut-free peanut butter if needed.
Full ingredient amounts are in the recipe card below.
How to Make Baileys Salted Caramel Peanut Butter Ice Cream
1. Combine sweetened condensed milk with flavorings: In a large mixing bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, and Baileys Salted Caramel Irish Cream Liqueur.
2. Make the whipped cream: Beat the heavy whipping cream using an electric hand mixer (or stand mixer with the whisk attachment) until stiff peaks form.
3. Fold: Gently fold the whipped cream into the sweetened condensed milk and flavorings mixture until combined well, and light and creamy.
4. Assemble and freeze: Melt the peanut butter in the microwave until it is pouring consistency. Add about ¼ cup of the salted caramel ice cream mixture to an ice cream paper carton. Then add a tablespoon of the melted peanut butter on top and use a chopstick or skewer to create swirls. Repeat this process until all the cartons are full, then cover and pop the cartons in the freezer for 4-6 hours, or until solid.
Assembling the ice cream in other types of freezer safe containers:
If you’re using another type of sealable freezer safe container such as reusable insulated ice cream tubs or a bread loaf pan, fill with ¼ of the ice cream mixture and top with ¼ of the peanut butter. Swirl the peanut butter with a chopstick, then repeat thrice more until all of the ice cream mixture and peanut butter is in the container. Then cover with nonstick cooking paper/cling wrap and freeze.
5. Serve! Let the ice cream sit on the counter at room temperature for a few minutes to slightly soften. Then scoop, serve, and enjoy!
Full detailed instructions are in the recipe card below.
- Chill the mixing bowl and beaters of your electric hand mixer. Place them in the fridge or freezer for 20 minutes. Make sure your heavy whipping cream is chilled too. The colder things are, the quicker the process for making the whipped cream will be.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the sweetened condensed milk mixture. Take your time to integrate them properly. Do not stir, or you’ll knock the air out and that will result in a less creamy ice cream.
- Cover the ice cream in the container(s) you place it in with nonstick cooking paper or cling wrap. It should be directly touching the ice cream mixture. This will prevent ice crystals from forming during freezing.
Since the ice cream mixture is cold, it will harden the peanut butter if not swirled after each addition. I’ve tried swirling the peanut butter after filling up the cartons in alternating layers of the ice cream mixture and peanut butter. It had hardened too much, stuck to the chopstick when pulling the chopstick back out, and was not able to be swirled. After freezing, the ice cream had peanut butter chunks instead of swirls. The best way to get the swirls evenly distributed in the ice cream is to swirl the peanut butter immediately after each addition.
It’s currently available in large stores like Walmart and Costco in the USA, and Asda, Morrisons and Sainsbury’s in the UK. Alternatively, you can try finding it in a well-stocked liquor store near you, or purchase a bottle online.
Refrigeration is not necessary. It should be stored between 0° to 25°C / 32° to 77°F, and make sure that the bottle is tightly sealed. However if you’d like to enjoy it chilled and not just use it to make this ice cream, you can certainly store it in the fridge!
It is 100% gluten-free. However, it is not dairy-free and contains milk and milk products (lactose included).
Only a very small amount. The nutritional information label on the official Baileys website for the product indicates it has trace amounts, which means there’s less than 0 grams per one ounce shot.
It’ll keep for 3-4 weeks in a freezer safe sealed airtight container in the freezer.
More Summer Sweet Treats & Desserts
- Baileys Strawberries & Cream Ice Cream (No Churn)
- Thai Iced Milk Tea with Grass Jelly
- Biscoff Apple Milkshake
- Strawberry Lemon Cream Cake
- Lemon Basque Burnt Cheesecake
- Or browse the entire Desserts recipe collection.
MADE THIS RECIPE? If you make this recipe, leave a comment and review it below with a STAR rating! I always appreciate your feedback. Take a photo and be sure to tag it with @thatspicychick on Instagram and hashtag it #thatspicychick and I’ll be sure to share.Print
Baileys Salted Caramel Peanut Butter Ice Cream (No Churn)
This no churn Baileys Salted Caramel Peanut Butter Ice Cream is made with just 5 ingredients, perfectly balanced with salty and sweet notes, and full of creamy and nutty peanut butter swirls.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Freezing Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 3 pints 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Freeze
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- Combine sweetened condensed milk with flavorings: In a large mixing bowl, mix together the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, and Baileys Salted Caramel Irish Cream Liqueur until combined well.
- Make the whipped cream: Pour the heavy whipping cream into another large mixing bowl. Using an electric hand mixer (or stand mixer with the whisk attachment), beat on medium-high speed. Once the cream starts to thicken, increase the speed and continue beating until stiff peaks form – about 4-12 minutes.
- Fold: Add the whipped cream to the bowl with the sweetened condensed milk and flavorings mixture. Fold gently until fully combined and integrated. The mixture should be light and creamy.
- Melt the peanut butter: Add the peanut butter to a microwave safe measuring cup. Melt in the microwave on medium power for 15-30 seconds, stirring once in between, until the peanut butter has melted and is pouring consistency.
- Freeze: Add about ¼ cup of the salted caramel ice cream mixture to an ice cream paper carton. Then add a tablespoon of the melted peanut butter on top and use a chopstick or skewer to create swirls. Repeat until the carton is full. Place a small sheet of nonstick cooking paper (parchment paper) on top, making sure the paper is touching the ice cream. Cover with the container with its lid. Repeat with the remaining ice cream mixture and peanut butter and fill the remaining paper ice cream cartons. (Note: If using another type of sealable freezer safe container such as reusable insulated ice cream tubs or a bread loaf pan, fill with ¼ of the ice cream mixture and top with ¼ of the peanut butter. Swirl the peanut butter with a chopstick, then repeat thrice in alternating layers until all of the ice cream mixture and peanut butter is in the container. Cover with a sheet of nonstick cooking paper or cling wrap and press out any air bubbles.) Freeze for 4-6 hours or until solid.
- Serve: Let the ice cream sit on the counter at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften slightly. Then scoop, serve, and enjoy!
- Baileys Salted Caramel Irish Cream Liqueur: At the time of writing, this is currently available in large stores like Walmart and Costco in the USA, and Asda, Morrisons and Sainsbury’s in the UK. Alternatively, you can try finding it in a well-stocked liqueur store near you, or purchase a bottle online.
- To make this nut-free: Use a nut-free peanut butter.
- How long will it keep? If stored properly, the ice cream will last in the freezer for 3-4 weeks in a freezer safe sealed airtight container. If freezing in a loaf pan for more than a few days, transfer the ice cream to a freezer-friendly sealed airtight container so that the risk of ice crystals forming is reduced and it stays fresh longer.
- Serving Size: 1 scoop
- Calories: 249
- Sugar: 18.7g
- Sodium: 206.7mg
- Fat: 16.5g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7.2g
- Trans Fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrates: 20.1g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 5.4g
- Cholesterol: 33.8mg
Keywords: Baileys salted caramel ice cream, no churn salted caramel peanut butter ice cream, Baileys ice cream pean
This post may contain affiliate links. We are a part of the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn a small commission (at no extra cost to you) by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary based on several factors. It should only be used as a general guideline. For more information, please see our Disclosure.